I hope that you are well! I wanted to write to you and give you an update on our worship services.
On August 2, 2020, we will try something new! We will host our first outdoor worship service at
9:30AM. We will have a shortened worship service; it will be approximately 30 minutes, a format
similar to our online services. Please read the rest of this note so you may know what to expect on
1. Please bring your own chair/blanket. Please bring anything that you will need to feel
comfortable outside on a summer morning.
2. If you need to use the restroom, we will have a door open for you. Please wipe down anything
you touch inside of the building. Wipes are available.
3. When you arrive, greet each other with a smile and a wave. Please be sure to sit at least 6 feet
away from those NOT in your immediate family. Please wear your mask until everyone is seated.
4. Music is planned; you may choose to sing with masks on. If you do not want to sing, hum, tap
your knee, clap, dance in your chair, however the Spirit leads you! A document will be included
in your weekly email with words to our hymn and an order of worship. Please print this out and
bring it with you or save it to your device if you would like to follow along. Otherwise, I will
lead us through the service.
5. At the end of the service, we will not remain at church for any fellowship time. Additionally,
there will be no zoom coffee hour after our outdoor service.
6. If the weather does not cooperate, we will cancel the service. You will be notified via email,
Facebook, or telephone.
7. We will celebrate Communion together. Please bring your own Communion elements. A few
pre-portioned elements will be provided for those in need.
If you do not feel comfortable attending, we support that and value you! Our services will continue
on Youtube, Facebook, and Zoom each week at 9:30AM. If you would like to watch or listen via
zoom, click on https://umcom.zoom.us/j/192712791?
pwd=bCtXQkVYM2pGUEUySUNudTV4T0JVZz09 each Sunday, and you will see the service. If
you would like to listen to the service on your telephone, please call 929-205-6099, press the ID
Number 192 712 791, press pound (#) twice, then press the password 011269, then press pound.
This is a first for us. Thank you for your flexibility as we work everything out, and thank you to
everyone who is helping to prepare our building and lead worship. I look forward to worshipping
with you either in person or online!
May God bless each of you as we continue to live during these days of the global pandemic. I am
praying for you. Please continue to reach out if the church can be of support to you or if you have
ideas about ministries in our community.